Zacks Group and ManageHub.com Software, in partnership with the SBDC Think Tank is pleased to announce “Leadership Excellence in the 21 Century”, a leadership development program designed to dramatically increase the odds of success for new managers and executives.
“Leadership Excellence” provides new managers and executives with the tools and training they need to become extraordinary leaders and more effective managers. All participants receive free access to cloud-based ManageHub software to help their organizations create a culture of excellence, collaboration, innovation, teamwork, and continuous improvement through familiar and easy to implement social network interface.
ManageHub is free, cloud-based software that creates a ready-to-use leadership framework based on U.S. Baldrige Program - our nation's standard of management excellence. It makes management theory come to life to dramatically improve the bottom line results for small businesses.
According to Hult Labs research the graduates of most MBA programs lack the necessary skills and behaviors to succeed in the workplace in the 21 century.
After interviewing 90 CEOs and executives from major companies, Hult International Business School found that most MBA programs are outdated, do not measure students' abilities and behaviors accurately, and do not teach necessary practical skills to succeed in the fast changing economy of today. Respondents said that "many business schools today are better structured for the Industrial Revolution rather than the Information Age." One CEO stated that his people "are mostly getting very old information from old articles and old cases.”
Most agree that using GPA as the only metric is not a reliable predictor of success in the workplace because people with the best grades do not necessarily 'do that well' in leadership roles.
About 25% of U.S. workers will be retiring within a decade and as the work gets more complex and technical the demand for workers with advanced degrees and valuable 'soft' skills will increase.
Here are 10 critical skills and abilities employers are looking for:
1. Self-Awareness - knowing your strengths and weaknesses will help you deal with adversity. 2. Integrity - having solid moral purpose and ethics
3. Cross-Cultural Competency - having a global mindset and working well with people from diverse cultures
4. Team Skills - strong people skills like collaboration, managing people effectively, ability to give and accept feedback
5. Critical Thinking - ability to analyze problems from different angles and articulate creative solutions
6. Communication - strong written and verbal communications skills and ability to speak clearly and with confidence
7. Comfort with Ambiguity & Uncertainty - being comfortable in situations with no obvious answers
8. Creativity - solving tough business problems creatively
9. Execution - ability to deliver fast results
10. Sales - ability to persuade and influence others
The Zacks Group offers online training as well as customized workshops for individuals and companies to increase their effectiveness and value as innovative and collaborative leaders for the 21 century.
For a schedule of upcoming training visit Leadership Excellence for the 21 Century
About Zacks Group
Eva Zacks, Founder of Zacks Group (and ProsperityReboot.com), is a business optimization expert focusing on helping small businesses create a culture of excellence, collaboration, and innovation through leadership development and increasing employee engagement. As a serial entrepreneur and former consultant to Fortune 500 companies like IBM, PBG, and MetLife, among others, Eva brings rich and wide-ranging experience and insights into educating new managers on what it takes to become collaborative leaders. Eva is especially passionate about helping more women breakthrough to the executive suite. She is certified as Project Management Professional (PMP) and executive coach.