London Knee Arthritis Injection To Improve Flexibility, Private Clinic Update

Photo of author

MSK Doctors (0330 001 0048), a private specialist clinic in London, has updated its range of arthritis treatments to include Arthrosamid, a new single-injection option with the potential to provide long-lasting relief and improved flexibility.

Individuals can now access an updated range of regenerative or minimally invasive treatments for osteoarthritis, or stiffness and pain of the knees, including a new single-injection treatment with the potential to provide long-lasting relief, from the specialists at MSK Doctors in London.

More information about the specialist team at MSK Doctors, the full range of osteoarthritis treatments, and the new single-injection option can be found at

Known as Arthrosamid, this new treatment has been thoroughly tested and found both safe and effective over the previous two decades. While injection treatments for knee pain and stiffness are not new, Arthrosamid differs from the traditional options because it is non-biodegradable, which allows it to provide long-term relief with only a single treatment.

The new treatment uses an injection that is 97.5% water, with the remaining 2.5% being a cross-linked polyacrylamide backbone, which is not easily absorbed or degraded by the body. When injected, this forms a “hydrogel”, which helps to both lubricate and cushion the joint.

While traditional arthritis injections for the knee are often absorbed by the body within a few weeks or months, the new Arthrosamid option has the potential to integrate more permanently into the synovium of the inner joint capsule. This creates a cushion-like effect that has been shown to last for over 1 year in clinical trials.

Though some side effects may be possible, research suggests that Arthrosamid injections most often have minimal and temporary side effects, if any. The most commonly reported complaints are temporary pain, swelling, or redness at the injection site, which fades within the first few days to a week.

The specialists at the MSK Doctors clinic are the first in the UK to be approved to use Arthrosamid injections and have successfully completed more than 150 treatments to date.

When asked about after-care, a spokesperson for the clinic explained, “You will have to avoid any strenuous weight-bearing activities (e.g. running, tennis, or long walks) during the first few days after your injection. We will advise you on how to slowly introduce more activity.”

More information about Arthrosamid injections for knee pain, the MSK Doctors clinic in London, and their team of specialists can be found at